Coddiwomple (v.) To travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination 

The regatta organizing committee has postponed the site decision.
Mother Nature has been testing our patience. We truly appreciate and thank all of you for trusting us to do our best for you.

We are dealing with some uncertainty as to how the precipitation and following cold temperatures will affect the sites under consideration. The positives right now are that we have our assets positioned in key areas to help us scout ice. Sites under consideration are Lake Winnebago at Fond du Lac, Wi, Madison, WI, Lake Charlevoix, Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Michigan. If none of these venues prove sailable after the storm, Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire remains an option.

We are confident that we will get this regatta in. Please take this time to relax and enjoy. Ice scouts should be ready to go on DN Dawn Patrol Tuesday morning to gather information in time for our 12 noon EST conference call. We are hoping to make the final decision by 1 PM EST Tuesday, with registration and opening ceremonies on Wednesday evening January 24th, and first races TBD on Thursday morning.

Next update Tuesday, January 23 by 1 PM EST.