NOTICE OF RACE (NOR)
International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association
2020 North American Championship Regatta
January 20 – 24, 2020
The Western Region and Regatta Chairman Daniel Hearn (US 5352), on behalf of the IDNIYRA, hereby invites all DN iceboaters to the 2020 North American Championship Regatta.
● All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority, the Bylaws of the IDNIYRA, the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the NOR, (except as any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions) and the Sailing Instructions.
● Races shall be sailed under the rules of the National Iceboat Authority and those of the IDNIYRA.
● The regatta is scheduled for 14 races per fleet with up to two throw outs.
● The number of fleets and racers per fleet will be determined after registration at the discretion of race management.
● Sailing instructions and course diagram will be available to all competitors at registration.
● All courses will be a WINDWARD / LEEWARD Inline Course with Darling Marks.
● A diagram of the race course will be posted on the Official Notice Board and a copy for each skipper will be available at registration.
● All races will be 3 Laps.
● All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the DN official specifications and whose skippers meet the requirements of the bylaws of the IDNIYRA are eligible to enter and race in the Championship.
● All participants shall provide proof of $300,000 personal liability insurance prior to receiving registration packet. Advance submission is strongly preferred, via upload to the Championship website or by mail to the Secretary/Treasurer at 1200 East Broadway, Monona, WI USA 53716.
● Entries who fail to provide proof of insurance prior to or at registration WILL NOT be allowed to race.
● Competitors may be required to complete a Safety Test as part of registration.
● Best available ice in the Western Region with necessary amenities as close as possible. The target geography includes Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Missouri. If none is available, sites in other regions will be considered.
● Regatta headquarters and launch site(s) will be posted on the Championship website located at: idniyra.org
REGISTRATION and FEES
● Please help organizers by registering as far in advance as possible and no later than
December 31, 2019. Registrations received after this date will be assessed a $50
convenience fee. Entries received after December 23, 2019 will not receive a customized giveaway item and preferred size may not be available.
● Electronic registration via the Championship website at idniyra.org is strongly preferred. Mail-in registrations will be accepted, but they must be RECEIVED by December 31, 2019 to avoid the $50 convenience fee and be guaranteed any giveaway item.
● Standard Entry Fee: $150 (U.S. Dollars)
● Junior Entry Fee (25 and under): $75
● Novice/Returning Sailor (Have not competed in Championship in last 5 years): $50
● No entry fee will be accepted after the close of registration (refer to schedule of events). If regatta location moves prior to the first race, registration may be reopened.
● Convenience fee is waived for European competitors. These competitors are requested to notify the Secretary/Treasurer that they will be attending. firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES and TIMES
● December 23, 2019: Registration deadline to guarantee customized giveaway item
● December 31, 2019: Registration deadline to avoid $50 convenience fee.
● January 15, 2020, 9:00 pm, CST: Anticipated announcement of primary site posted on Championship website
● January 19, 2020, 4:30 pm local time: Opening Ceremony
● January 19, 2020, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm local time: Registration. Location to be listed on the IDNIYRA website.
● January 20, 2020 first race at time stated in sailing instructions.
● January 20, 2020; 7:00 pm: Optional Speed Symposium Session w/food and drink
● January 21, 2020; 8:00 pm: Class Meeting
● January 24, 2018 racing is concluded with Prize Giving to follow.