The saga continues.
Last week’s snow really took a toll on Western Region lakes and left us with no sailable ice of regatta quality. But, we remain optimistic. This week’s cold temperatures are bringing some lakes online for consideration that, up until now, had been open water. The downside of this ice making weather is that the forecast for the region is much to cold to hold a regatta. So, we will postpone again until next week (Feb 20-21).
In the meantime, please keep an eye out for ice and let us know what you find so we can get it scouted next week.
Next update Tuesday, February 16.
The Western Region Championship is a two-day regatta in either Minnesota, Wisconsin, the UP of Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, or Indiana.