Forty-six percent of 209 eligible voters participated in the IDNIYRA 2021 Spring Ballot for Officers. This response rate is consistent with the 2019 and 2020 Spring ballots which had 44% participation.
The results for election of Officers were as follows, with all proposals being approved by simple majority:
- Commodore, Jody Kjoller (US 5435): 95 votes for, 1 against and 1 abstention
- Vice Commodore, David Frost (US 5358): 94 votes for and 3 abstentions
- Past Commodore, Robert Cummins (US 3433): 93 votes for, 1 against and 2 write-ins (John Harper and Kent Baker)
- Secretary, Deb Whitehorse (US 2366): 96 for and 1 abstention
- Treasurer, Deb Whitehorse (US 2366): 97 votes for.
The results for modifications to the IDNIYRA Constitution were as follows, with both proposals being approved with the required 2/3rds ‘yes’ vote:
- Amendment of Article XI to include explicit processes for member proposals for amendments to the Official Specifications: 86 votes for, 3 against and 9 abstentions
- Amendment of Article VII to reduce the lead time required for submission of proposals for the Annual Meeting: 87 votes for, 2 against and 8 abstentions.
The elected Officers assume their new responsibilities and the amendments to the Constitution take effect 1 July, 2021.
I would like to thank those members who participated in the ballot for their interest in the governance of the DN Class.
Warren Nethercote, KC 3786
Commodore IDNIYRA (for just a little while longer!)