Line up for the DN Western Region championship on Lake Mendota.

Via Western Region Commodore Chris Berger US5166

Incoming weather with a snow-rain mix is making site selection tricky. Even though it’s early in the week, the Governing Board and Race Committee want to inform you what we know and where we may be headed.

Here’s what we know: Sites under consideration now include Lake Kegonsa, Lake Winnebago, and Lake Petenwell in Wisconsin and Lake Pepin in Lake City, MN.

We are closely watching a weather system arriving Wednesday night and exiting Thursday morning. The location of the rain/snow line will be critical.  We are hoping the area lakes will be sailable after the weather event.

If too much snow falls on area lakes, we may hold the regatta at Glasgow, Montana, on Fort Peck Reservoir, the site of the 2020 North Americans.

Per the Notice of Race, the next update will be Wednesday, January 18, by 9 PM CT. Be aware that we may postpone the site selection decision until Thursday.

NEXT UPDATE: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, by 9 PM CT