This is the announcement of a combined electronic ballot for members of IDNIYRA and IDNIYRA EU, although North American and European results will be available separately. There are two proposals on the ballot. Both proposals were approved for vote at the 2023 IDNIYRA Annual Governing Meeting. If you didn’t receive an electronic ballot, please check your spam folder first, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The election runs from October 3 – October 17, 2023.
1. PROPOSAL TO REVISE SPECIFICATIONS, SECTION A: FUSELAGE; SECTION B: RUNNER PLANK
Over the summer of 2022, the IDNIYRA Technical Committee held six online meetings to revise the wording of the Official IDNIYRA Specifications, specifically Section A (fuselage) and Section B (runner plank).
Class members in good standing are voting on the proposed changes that were published in the September 2022 Runner Tracks.
See the proposed changes here.
Their main goals were to
• Incorporate the Interpretations into Official Specifications.
• Rewrite for more user-friendly wording.
• Enrich each section with a measurement guide and measurement drawings.
• Consolidate fragmented sections.
• Eliminate loopholes and grey areas by giving more precise definitions.
• Maintain specifications.
IDNIYRA class members voted to bring the proposed changed to a class vote at the 2023 Annual Governing Meeting, held during the January 2023 World & North American Championship.
2. PROPOSAL TO AMEND THE EPIC AGREEMENT ARTICLE XI, ENFORCEMENT OF THE SPECIFICATIONS.
Amend EPIC Article XI 3. to read:
3. By an official ruling of the technical committee. Such official rulings shall prevail as supplements to the OFFICIAL SPECIFICATIONS unless and until voided by a simple majority of the membership. Proposals for such a vote will be initiated in the same way a Specification Change Proposal is made, except that a ruling that is voided will be voided immediately after a vote that overturns it.
Background: This proposal was approved for ballot at the 2023 IDNIYRA Annual Governing Meeting. Refer to the 2023 AGM minutes in February 2023 Runner Tracks for more information.