Coming soon!                                                                           Photo: Rick Myslinski.

The organizing committee has postponed the selection of the regatta site until 4:30 PM EST, Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Our primary site locations at this point are the greater Lake St. Clair region near Detroit, Michigan and the greater Madison, Wisconsin area. Registration has been moved to Monday evening, January 22 at the earliest.
We have two days of warm weather at both locations with a precipitation event on Monday for both locations. Changing ice surface conditions as the weather pattern moves through these areas is causing the delay. Delaying the site selection gives us more time to assess conditions in those regions.
There is a probability that after the weather pattern passes through there could be shell ice, drain holes, and shoreline erosion at either location. Drifts at both locations may not perfectly flatten out after the weather event.
Next update by 4:30 PM EST Saturday, January 20, 2018.