Last night, the IDNIYRA Governing Group met to discuss the site selection for the 2024 North American Championship. A weather system is currently moving across the eastern part of the United States. Despite the usual challenges, we remain committed to finding the perfect location for the championship.

We are sending scouts to explore potential New England and Northern Minnesota sites and are monitoring conditions in Northern Michigan. On Tuesday, we have a conference call scheduled with a weather service to discuss the long-range forecast for the regatta. At present, we do not have a primary site secured. However, we are working hard to finalize our decision and plan to announce the chosen venue on Wednesday night, February 21, 2024.

Your assistance in this process is invaluable. If you have any information regarding potential regatta ice, please do not hesitate to contact your regional commodore. Stay tuned for further updates as we navigate through this process together.

Regional Commodores
Host Region – Eastern  – James “T” Thieler
Canada – Colin Duncan –
Central Region – Peter Johanson –
Western Region – Chris Berger –