IDNIYRA Racing Schedule
It’s never too early to fill in your calendars with DN regatta dates. While the 2022 Gold Cup and European Championship date was decided 2 weeks ago at the European Secretaries meeting, IDNIYRA Central Region Commodore Rob Holman has now set the 2022 North American Championship dates. The World Championship alternates yearly between Europe and North America.
- North American Championship
Dates: January 23 – 29, 2022
Host Region: Central (Michigan and Ohio)
Location: Best ice in the Central Region or North America
Information: This website.
- Worlds & European Championship
Date: February 19 – 26, 2022
Host Country: Switzerland
Location: Best ice in Europe
The IDNIYRA is pleased to announce the dates of the Gold Cup and North American Championship Regattas for 2021. Please mark your calendars for January 24 – 30, 2021. Registration will take place on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
REGATTA MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT
(II) DN Class Regattas
7. General rules for World DN Championship (Gold Cup), a European Championship and a North American Championships (GC, EC, NAC).
d)The GC, EC, NAC shall be held during a specific week, beginning on a Saturday with registration and with Sunday as first racing day. The regatta ends on or before the following Saturday.
Register & Pay Online
Have you registered for the 2019 IDNIYRA Gold Cup and North American Championship yet? You have only a few days to take advantage of the early registration discount. Both the Gold Cup and North American regatta fees increase on January 1, 2019. If you are planning on mailing in your registration, do it TODAY so that it is postmarked by December 31, 2018.
2019 Gold Cup Info
FROM THE 2019 GOLD CUP & NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP NOTICE OF RACE:
REGISTRATION, DEADLINE AND FEE
● Each skipper shall register either on-line at www.idniyra.org or by mailing a completed entry
form available on www.idniyra.org, with the appropriate entry fee. (See entry form for instructions for registration by regular mail)
● Entry Fee shall be paid in U.S. Dollars.
● The entry fees for the World Gold Cup are as follows:
○ $120.00 (USD) if paid/postmarked by December 31, 2018. The entry fee for a Junior
Skipper (one who is 25 and under at the time of registration) is $70.00 (USD).
○ $170.00 (USD) if paid/postmarked on or after January 1, 2019. The entry fee for a Junior
Skipper (one who is 25 and under at the time of registration) is $90.00 (USD).
● The entry fees for the North American Championship are as follows:
○ $100.00 (USD) if paid/postmarked by December 31, 2018. The entry fee for a Junior
Skipper (one who is 25 and under at the time of registration) is $60.00 (USD).
○ $150.00 (USD) if paid/postmarked on or after January 1, 2019. The entry fee for a Junior
Skipper (one who is 25 and under at the time of registration) is $80.00 (USD).
● Novice Entries for either regatta:
○ Novice DN skippers may enter either or both Regattas with the payment of two years
association dues per regatta. No other event registration payments shall apply.
○ A sailor shall be classified as a Novice if: that person has never belonged to the
IDNIYRA, or their membership has lapsed for 5 or more years. A Novice must comply
with all other entry requirements.
● European Entries are not subject to a late fee penalty. European competitors are requested to
notify the race chairman that they will be attending
● No entry will be accepted after the close of registration. (refer to schedule of events)
The IDNIYRA is pleased to announce the opening of the Registration Office for the 2019 Gold Cup and North American Championship regattas. Like last year, all regatta documents, a link to the registration page, and critical information will be posted on a specially dedicated page.
Early registration deadline is December 31, 2018. Register online today using Paypal or download the form and mail a check. It’s very easy!
2019 GOLD CUP & NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP WEBPAGE
NOTICE OF RACE AMENDED 1 FEB 2019
It was an amazing day for aerial shots too. Photographer Charles Dawley’s Flickr page is filled with one great shot after another from the event. Watch for some drone video footage from him as well.